At the beginning of March, Human Plus launched a call for support for Greece affected by the corona pandemic. The country was particularly affected by the deep recession the country is in and the collapsing income from tourism and business. Corona aggravates the already precarious supply situation and led to real emergency situations. Human Plus was able to support large medical care centers, facilities and organizations thanks to the financial supporters of the call.
On May 26, another truck was shipped to Greece, delivering baby food, baby milk, food, hygiene items, dressings, medicines, and incontinence to hospitals and nonprofits. The truck was unloaded on June 2 and the various aids will be delivered to the following clinics, facilities and institutions in the next few days:
- Center for Follow-up Care and Reintegration of Disabled Children “O AGIOS DIMITRIOS“ Thessaloniki
- Hospital for Chronic Diseases “O AGIOS PANTELEIMONAS“ Thessaloniki
- Branch for Seniors in Kilkis
- Branch for follow-up care and the reintegration of disabled people in Serres and Nursing home for children AGIOS NEKTARIOS from the ΚΕΝΤΡΟ Central Macedonia Social Welfare Center. These five facilities receive incontinence articles.
- Charitable Food Bank Foundation in THESSALONIKI,
- DRAMA and ATHENS receive baby food, baby milk and food.
- Family support center “Mazi Gia to Paidi”
- Church Foundation of the Archdiocese of Athens
- Childcare Kavala and “POULIDEIO” Retirement home Kavala receive baby food, Baby milk and incontinence articles.
- General Hospital” GENNIMATAS “Thessaloniki
- Athens University Hospital These hospitals have received bandages.
- General Hospital “GENNIMATAS” Athens and the “PANARKADIKO” General Hospital Tripoli receive dressings and incontinence articles.
- The “Stand By Me” Lesvos project in Lesbos receives hygiene products, writing materials and medicines for the refugees at Camp Moria.
Human Plus thanks the donors in particular and mentions in particular the generous support of Mr. Panagiotis Retsos. He is a Greek national football player and was a Bundesliga player at Bayer 04 Leverkusen. He currently plays in the Premier League at Sheffield United.
Mr. Peter von Czarnowski, member and responsible for Human Plus in Athens, Mr. André Hommen – DJ, producer and label operator, again the friends of the benefit gala, as well as Mr. Constantinos Papazis and the team of Athinaiki SA, who transport the products for free throughout Greece will take over.
You could give us concrete support and do something for your compatriots too!
Human Plus helps – specifically and quickly – does it too.
On May 26, another truck was shipped to Greece, delivering baby food, baby milk, food, hygiene items, dressings, medicines, and incontinence to hospitals and nonprofits.